Skip to content
News/Sunday, August 23, 2026
Fifth Street Gaming Takes Over Casino at Oyo Las Vegas
Vegas News

Fifth Street Gaming Takes Over Casino at Oyo Las Vegas

Sunday, August 23, 2026·4 min read

Fifth Street steps in after Paragon Gaming walked away from the property following a fake hotel listings scandal, according to Casino.org's Vital Vegas column and a separate Casino.org report.

Oyo Hotel & Casino has a new casino operator. Fifth Street Gaming, the company that already runs the casino floor at Downtown Grand, is taking over gaming operations at the off Strip property, replacing longtime operator Paragon Gaming, according to Casino.org's Vital Vegas column and a separate Casino.org report. Fifth Street CEO Seth Schorr confirmed the arrangement, though it still needs sign off from Nevada gaming regulators.

Paragon had run the casino at that address since 2016, back when the building was still Hooters Casino Hotel, and stuck around through the September 2019 rebrand to Oyo. It left this year after Oyo's parent company got caught inventing fake hotels to hide from its own bad reviews.

Why Paragon Walked Away

Oyo's owner, an Indian company called PRISM, created two entirely fictional hotel brands, Palette and Collection O, and listed them on booking platforms using AI generated photos and marketing copy, according to Casino.org. Neither hotel exists. Both were the same physical building on the same block off the Strip, repackaged under a fake name whenever the real Oyo listing picked up too many bad reviews.

Casino.org and other outlets exposed the scheme and booking platforms pulled the fake listings. For a casino operator, that kind of deception is close to a career ending liability. Gaming licenses depend on operators staying clean, and Paragon reportedly was not willing to keep its name on a casino floor inside a hotel accused of running a bait and switch on its own guests.

Who's Taking Over

Fifth Street Gaming is a Las Vegas company built by Seth Schorr and Jeffrey Fine, best known locally for running the casino at Downtown Grand on Fremont Street, the same property that just found a buyer to exit court receivership last week. Taking on Oyo adds a second distressed property to a company whose portfolio already includes one.

The deal is not finalized. It still needs approval from Nevada gaming regulators, standard for any change of casino operator, and there is no announced timeline for when that sign off lands. PRISM says it has no plans to sell or demolish the Oyo building itself, so the hotel and casino are expected to keep operating as usual while the operator change works through the approval process.

What It Means If You're Booked There

If you already have a room at Oyo, this changes nothing about your stay in the near term. The casino floor keeps running under Paragon until regulators approve Fifth Street taking over, and Oyo has said the property stays open through the transition either way.

The bigger question is what Fifth Street does with the casino once it is actually running it. The company has a track record turning around a rough Fremont Street property in Downtown Grand, so a new operator with local experience is arguably a better bet for Oyo's standing than the operator that was in the building when the fake listings scandal broke. Just do not expect anything to look different on a visit anytime soon, this is a change in who runs the tables, not a renovation or a rebrand.

My bottom line

Fifth Street Gaming, the operator behind Downtown Grand's casino, is replacing Paragon Gaming at Oyo Hotel & Casino after Paragon exited in the wake of Oyo's fake hotel listings scandal. The move still needs Nevada gaming regulator approval and has no set timeline, but Oyo is expected to stay open and operating as usual throughout. Nothing changes for guests right now beyond a new name eventually going on the casino license.

Book it on VEGAS.com

David X Las Vegas earns a commission on bookings made through this link, at no extra cost to you. It never changes my honest take.

Sources

The facts above were reported by these outlets. The take is mine.